Keeping it Short, Simple & Sweet
Sometimes the best messages are to the point, especially when you might not be particularly close or a relationship is strained. Simple phases such as the below can help get your birthday message off on the right foot:
- I hope you have a great day!
- Here’s to another trip around the sun.
- Best wishes for the year ahead and many more to come.
For Closer Relationships
When you’re closer to your recipient – a long term friend, a battle-weary colleague or a family member, showing a little more affection is a great way to add some warmth to your birthday wishes. Tell them how much the mean to you, remind them of what they’ve done for you and great times you’ve shared – show off exactly how unique and meaningful your relationship with them is.
- I’ll be thinking of you and I hope your birthday is just as special and brilliant as you are.
- I hope all your birthday wishes come true!
- Thanks for making life that much better. Here’s to the year ahead!
- I wish we could spend more time together, but know you mean the world to me.
- I still remember what we did on [previous birthday] – we really should try to top that next year!
- I appreciate everything you do for me and am truly thankful you’re part of my life.