Last updated: November 6, 2015
We are committed to the protection of your PI and meeting the standards set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“the Act”) and the National Privacy Principals (“NPPs”). This policy sets out how we handle your PI and the rights and obligations that we both have in relation to that information.
You can generally visit this Website without telling us who you are or revealing other PI and we will not collect any PI about you except when you knowingly provide it. The types of information that we collect from you will depend on the circumstances of collection and on the type of service you request from us, for example:
- when you request products from us, we may collect details such as your name, address, company details, billing address, shipping address, credit card information, email and phone contacts, etc.
- when you are applying for a position with us we may collect any information required in the course of our recruitment process such as your resume, contact details, skills, qualifications, languages spoken, residency status, referees, etc.
How we collect personal information
We primarily collect PI directly from you through electronic, written and/or verbal means of communication when you interact with us for example when:
- you place an order with us.
- you send us an email or post an entry on our website.
- you submit an entry into a competition or trade promotion.
The Cardly website may contain links to other sites which may be of interest to you. Linked websites are responsible for their own privacy practices and you should check those websites for their respective privacy statements. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
We will only use the personal information we collect:
- for the main purpose(s) for which it was disclosed at the time of collection.
- where you have consented to the use or disclosure.
Generally we will use and disclose your personal information for a number of purposes including but not limited to the following purposes:
- to provide the products or services you have requested.
- to answer your enquiry.
- to facilitate the running of and your participation in trade promotions and other competitions.
- for direct marketing of products or services and to keep you informed of new developments we believe may be of interest to you.
- to establish and maintain your relationship as an applicant for a position, including providing you with interviews, reference checking, etc.
If you do not wish to receive marketing or other communication from us, please contact us on the details below so that we can update your preferences.
- third parties engaged by us to provide functions on our behalf such as mailouts, debt collection, and advertising; and
- third parties authorised by you to receive PI held by us.
We may also disclose PI to unrelated third parties (for example, our professional advisors and government authorities or agencies) where the disclosure is reasonably required to obtain advice, prepare for legal proceedings, investigate suspected improper conduct or wrong doing, to assist a lawful authority in the discharge of its duties and/or by law.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your PI is accurate, complete and up-to-date whenever we collect or use it. If the PI we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to correct this information.
We will take reasonable steps to maintain the security of and to prevent unauthorised access to or disclosure of your PI. However, we do not guarantee that unauthorised access to your PI will not occur, either during transmission of that information to us or after we receive that information. Once we no longer need your PI, we will take all reasonable steps to de-identify your PI.
If you have any questions on the handling of your PI or the kind of PI we hold about you please contact at the details below and we will endeavour to assist you with your request.
Access and correction
You have a right to access your PI, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know by contacting our Privacy Officer. For security reasons, we may ask you to put your request in writing.
We may charge a fee for searching for and providing access to your information.
As required by the NPPs, we do not collect or use Commonwealth government identifiers when interacting with you.
Where practical, you may deal with us on an anonymous basis however, if you do not provide us with your PI we we may not be able to provide you with the requested product or service (for example, if we require your details in connection with a competition we are running, we cannot provide you with a prize should you be a prize winner and we cannot contact you).
Overseas transfer of information
To provide a worldwide service, your PI will be encrypted and stored outside Australia. We may use cloud computing solutions or data storage located overseas in which case information may be stored, under our control, on computer servers located outside of Australia (predominantly located in the United States of America, Taiwan and Belgium).
We will not transfer your PI to other parties outside Australia in any circumstances, unless we obtain agreement from the recipient to protect your information in accordance with Australian Privacy Laws including to abide by the terms of this policy or we have your consent.
We will not require you to provide sensitive information unless:
- you have consented; or
- the collection of the information is specifically authorised or required by law.
For example, most information collected when you visit our website is statistical and not linked to you personally. This can include information about pages visited, software versions used, device identifiers (like IP address), referring websites, preferences you choose and other activities such as links clicked.
How we use it
We use the non-personal information we collect to understand and improve the performance of our website.
We use Google Analytics including Remarketing with Google Analytics and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting to understand how our services are used and who uses them. We make no attempt to identify you using this information, and we do not pass on this information to other third parties. If you would prefer to opt out of providing this information, you may use the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.